Friday, February 20, 2009

Hardcastle & McCormick!


This was one of my favorite shows of the 80s. Actually, my favorite, if you don't count the brilliant Yes, Prime Minister from the UK.

It was a father and son type show that really spoke to me. I'd wanted a book done on this minor, cult, overlooked series for a long time. I was going to write it myself a couple years ago. I got in touch with Stephen J. Cannell's office and though they had the material, it was in storage. While they didn't say no to the project, they clearly weren't overjoyed with the project. I got busy, so I handed it to another author, but that didn't work out, so I handed to 3 huge fans. And they got the cooperation of everyone.

And what they have done with the book is amazing. Better than anything I could've done. 600 pages of everything. Everything you want to know about the people, the car, the ratings, the behind the scenes info. Great, just great.

And it's ready now!

No comments: